Release Date: 24th December 2021
Models: All models with FSD Beta
Regions: USA Only
Software Update: 2021.44.30.5
This version introduced the resetting of the strike count to zero with every release moving forward, and also set the total strike count to five (from three) for removal from the FSD Beta program.
Otherwise, the release notes below are the same as for FSB Beta 10.8
- Improved photon-to-control vehicle response latency by 20% on average.
- Expanded use of regenerative braking in Autopilot down to 0mph for smoother stops and improved energy efficiency.
- Improved VRU (pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcycles, animals) lateral velocity error by 4.9% by adding more auto-labeled and simulated training examples to the dataset.
- Reduced false slowdowns for crossing objects by improved velocity estimates for objects at the end of visibility.
- Reduced false slowdowns by adding geometric checks to cross-validate lane assignment of objects.
- Improved speed profile for unprotected left turns when visibility is low.
- Added more natural behavior to bias over bike lanes during right turns.
- Improved comfort when yielding to jaywalkers by better modelling of stopping region with soft and hard deadlines.
- Improved smoothness for merge control with better modelling of merge point and ghost objects positioned at the edge of visibility
- Improved overall comfort by enforcing stricter lateral jerk bounds in trajectory optimizer.
- Improved short deadline lane changes through richer trajectory modeling.
- Improved integration between lead vehicle overtake and lane change gap selection.
- Updated trajectory line visualization.
Press the “Video Record” button on the top bar UI to share your feedback. When pressed, your vehicle’s external cameras will share a short VIN-associated Autopilot Snapshot with the Tesla engineering team to help make improvements to FSD. You will not be able to view the clip.