Release Date: 4th December 2021
Models: All models with FSD Beta
Regions: USA Only
Tesla has improved the driving visualization in this release to expand to show more surrounding information to help the driver see what is going on.
The cabin camera is now being used to detect driver inattentiveness and alert the driver to this fact while Autopilot is engaged. This is part of what makes for strikes in FSD so please be attentive at all times.
- Improved object detection network architecture for non-VRUs (e.g. cars, trucks, buses). 7% higher recall, 16% lower depth error, and 21% lower velocity error for crossing vehicles.
- New visibility network with 18.5% less mean relative error.
- New general static object network with 17% precision improvements in high curvature and nighttime cases.
- Improved stopping position at unprotected left turns while yielding to oncoming objects, using object predictions beyond the crossing point.
- Allow more room for longitudinal alignment during merges by incorporating modelling of merge region end.
- Improved comfort when offsetting for objects that are cutting out of your lane.
Press the “Video Record” button on the top bar UI to share your feedback. When pressed, your vehicle’s external cameras will share a short VIN-associated Autopilot Snapshot with the Tesla engineering team to help make improvements to FSD. You will not be able to view the clip.