Release Date: 11th December 2021
Models: All models with FSD Beta
Regions: USA Only
This release is fundamentally the same as 10.6, however, Elon Musk stated on Twitter that it addresses some “annoying issues” in the previous release. No further information is available on what that means.
Many users also did not receive 10.6 as a result and went straight to this release.
- Improved object detection network architecture for non-VRUs (e.g. cars, trucks, buses). 7% higher recall, 16% lower depth error, and 21% lower velocity error for crossing vehicles.
- New visibility network with 18.5% less mean relative error.
- New general static object network with 17% precision improvements in high curvature and nighttime cases.
- Improved stopping position at unprotected left turns while yielding to oncoming objects, using object predictions beyond the crossing point.
- Allow more room for longitudinal alignment during merges by incorporating modelling of merge region end.
- Improved comfort when offsetting for objects that are cutting out of your lane.
Press the “Video Record” button on the top bar UI to share your feedback. When pressed, your vehicle’s external cameras will share a short VIN-associated Autopilot Snapshot with the Tesla engineering team to help make improvements to FSD. You will not be able to view the clip.