Release Date: 22nd November 2021
Models: All models with FSD Beta
Regions: USA Only
Merging seems to be the focus in this release with improvements rolled out in that area, helping lane changes and other vehicle avoidance.
There is also some testing of emergency collision avoidance in shadow mode, something Tesla does a lot to test before rolling things out in the live mode.
Creeping is also improving as this is an issue many Beta testers complain about – coming from side streets onto busy roads and having the car be too hesitant and not see the oncoming traffic.
- Improved VRU (pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcycles) crossing velocity error by 20% from improved quality in our auto-labeling.
- Improved static world predictions (road lines, edges, and lane connectivity) by up to 13% using a new static world auto-labeler and adding 165K auto-labeled videos.
- Improved cone and sign detections by upreving the generalized static object network with 15K more video clips and adjusting oversampling and overweighting strategies (+ 4.5% precision, + 10.4% recall).
- Improved cut-in detection network by 5.5% to help reduce false slowdowns.
- Enabled “emergency collision avoidance maneuvering” in shadow mode.
- Enabled behavior to lane change away from merges when safe to do so.
- Improved merge object detection recall by using multi-modal object prediction at intersections.
- Improved control for merges by increasing smoothness of arrival time constraints and considering possible merging objects beyond visibility.
- Improved lane changes by allowing larger deceleration limit in short-deadline situations.
- Improved lateral control for creeping forward to get more visibility.
- Improved modeling of road boundaries on high curvature roads for finer maneuvers.
- Improved logic to stay on-route and avoid unnecessary detours/rerouting.
Press the “Video Record” button on the top bar UI to share your feedback. When pressed, your vehicle’s external cameras will share a short VIN associated Autopilot Snapshot with the Tesla engineering team to help make improvements to FSD. You will not be able to view the clip.